Sainsbury’s School Games Active Mark
We have been awarded the Gold Sainsbury’s School Games active mark. The School Games Mark is a national accredited award that all schools can apply for. It has been designed to provide schools with a Government backed award to publicly demonstrate their level of engagement in the School Games and school sport. The awards scheme was launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community.
Please see below photo albums of all the Sainsbury’s School Games we have taken part in.
- Y4 Speed Stacking Competition - In Nov 2019, Year 4 took part in the Speed Stacking Competition at Watford Grammar School for Girls,
- Y6 Hockey competition at Fullerians - Y6 Hockey competition at Fullerians during November 2019.
- Year 4 Tri-Golf Competition - The Year 4 classes took part in the Tri-Golf Competition during June 2019.
- Y4 Gymnastics Final - In May 2019, the Year 4 team performed their routine well in the final held at Queens’ School.
- Y4 Tennis Tournament - In May 2019, some Y4 children took part in a tennis competition. Well done to the Lisbon team who qualified for the final.
- Year 4 Gym Competition at Nascot Wood - In March 2019 the children came 2nd by performing a vault and a synchronised routine.
- Y6 St Michael’s Netball and Football Tournament - In Oct 2018, Y6 children took part in a tournament and both teams went through to the semi-finals.
- Y4 Cricket Final - In March 2019, the children came first in the finals!
- Year 4 Cricket Competition - In Feb 2019, Some Y4 children took part in a Rapid Fire cricket competition and came 3rd place, qualifying for the partnership final.
- Year 6 Basketball Tournament - In November 2018 some Year 6 children qualified for the partnership final in Basketball.
- Y4 Speed Stacking Partnership Final - In Dec 2018, Some Y4 children took part in a Speed stacking partnership final which we hosted here at St. Anthony’s.
- Year 6 Netball Tournament - In March 2019 the Year 6 Netball team made it through to the semi-finals against 14 other Primary schools.
- Year 4 Speed Stacking - In Nov 2018, some Y4's took part in a Speedstacking competition at Bromet School. They qualified for the Partnership final!