Year Five Lisbon is taught by Natalie Grimshaw and Year 5 Padua is taught by Frances Bueno Nicholson and Catherine Elliott. Both classes share Shannon Wade as their TA. The Year Five classroom is upstairs in the St Francis building and they share the back playground with the rest of KS2.
Weekly Class Update
- Year 5P Update 21 January (467KB)
- Year 5L Update 21 January (611KB)
- Year 5P Update 14 January (491KB)
- Year 5L Update 14 January (725KB)
- Year 5P Update 10 December (421KB)
- Year 5L Update 10 December (739KB)
- Year 5P Update 3 December (384KB)
- Year 5L Update 3 December (791KB)
- Year 5P Update 19 November (250KB)
- Year 5L Update 19 November (837KB)
- Year 5P Update 12 November (283KB)
- Year 5L Update 12 November (796KB)
- Year 5P Update 21 October (251KB)
- Year 5P Update 5 November (363KB)
- Year 5L Update 5 November (870KB)
- Year 5L Update 21 October (802KB)
- Year 5P Update 15 October (489KB)
- Year 5L Update 15 October (802KB)
- Year 5P Update 8 October (251KB)
- Year 5L Update 8 October (801KB)
- Year 5P Update 17 Sept (525KB)
- Year 5L Update 17 Sept (906KB)
- Year 5P Update 10 Sept 2021 (436KB)
- Year 5L Update 10 Sept 2021 (686KB)
- Year 5L Update 16 July (775KB)
- Year 5L Update 25 June (794KB)
School Closure Home Learning
Below is the home learning that was set during March-July 2020’s National Lockdown. During January-March 2021’s National Lockdown, home learning moved to Microsoft Teams.
- Year 5 Half Term Message (377KB)
- Year 5 Home Learning Tasks 6 (841KB)
- Year 5 Home Learning Tasks (238KB)
Big Me Day
In March 2020, the whole school took part in a Big Me Week and raised money for Action Aid. For a day the children came into school dressed as what they would like to be when they are older and visitors spoke to each class. Year 5 were lucky enough to speak to David Callaghan, Chair of Governors, about his careers as an electrical engineer.
Henley on Thames Rowing and River Museum
In February 2020, Year 5 visited Henley on Thames Rowing and River Museum as part of their Geography topic on Rivers. They took part in a variety of activities about the river and went on a walk about the Thames path.
In February 2020, the Year 5 children attended the finals of the Athletics tournament held at Watford Girls Grammar after previously earning their place in the finals.
Over January and February 2020, the Year 5 children researched, designed and made their own pots.
In January 2020, Year 5 took park in a BBC Micro-Bit Coding Workshop run by Hertfordshire’s SETPOINT. They learnt about real life uses for coding and had a chance to write their own code to program a Microbit which then controlled a series of LED arrays like you would see on the motorway to inform traffic.
In November 2019, Year 5 children were given the chance to train for and pass their on-road, cycling proficiency test.
In June 2019, the Year 5 and 6 children competed in the annual inter-house competition. All 4 house colours competed in football and netball matches.
Water Ways Canal Visit
In April 2019, Year 5 visited Batchworth Lock and learnt about life on a canal boat, how to open and close the lock and the history of the canal. They also had the opportunity to go on a boat trip along the canal. This visit links to their Local history topic in the summer term.