Year Six Lisbon is taught by John McGinn and Year Six Padua is taught by Martin McDermott. Their TA is Fatim Dossa. The Year Six classrooms are upstairs in the St Francis building and they share the back playground with the rest of KS2.
- Year 6P Update 29 April (552KB)
- Y6 Curriculum Map (136KB)
- Maths - Year 6 (33KB)
- English – Year 6 (208KB)
Weekly Class Updates
- Year 6P Update 20 May (525KB)
- Year 6L Update 20 May (455KB)
- Year 6P Update 13 May (549KB)
- Year 6L Update 13 May (516KB)
- Year 6P Update 6 May (540KB)
- Year 6L Update 6 May (432KB)
- Year 6L Update 29 April (486KB)
- Year 6L Update 22 April (445KB)
- Year 6P Update 22April (557KB)
- Year 6P Update 25 March (593KB)
- Year 6L Update 25 March (438KB)
- Year 6L Update 18 March (510KB)
- Year 6P Update 18 March (658KB)
- Year 6P Update 11 March (566KB)
- Year 6L Update 11 March (471KB)
- Year 6P Update 4 March (671KB)
- Year 6L Update 4 March (546KB)
- Year 6P Update 25 February (543KB)
- Year 6L Update 25 February (471KB)
- Year 6P Update 11 February (546KB)
- Year 6L Update 11 February (468KB)
- Year 6P Update 4th February (539KB)
- Year 6L Updates 4th February (455KB)
- Year 6P Update 28th January (421KB)
- Year 6P Update 21 January (539KB)
- Year 6L Update 21 January (414KB)
- Year 6P Update 14 January (524KB)
- Year 6L Update 14 January (432KB)
- Year 6P Update 10 December (532KB)
- Year 6L Update 10 December (446KB)
- Year 6P Update 3 December (515KB)
- Year 6L Update 3 December (453KB)
- Year 6P Update 19 November (542KB)
- Year 6L Update 19 November (431KB)
- Year 6P Update 12 November (539KB)
- Year 6L Update 12 November (453KB)
- Year 6L Update 21 October (452KB)
- Year 6L Update 5 November (482KB)
- Year 6P Update 5 November (428KB)
- Year 6P Update 21 October (132KB)
- Year 6P Update 15 October (143KB)
- Year 6L Update 15 October (465KB)
- Year 6P Update 8 October (139KB)
- Year 6L Update 8 October (465KB)
School Closure Home Learning
Below is the home learning that was set during March-July 2020’s National Lockdown. During January-March 2021’s National Lockdown, home learning moved to Microsoft Teams.
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 15 (453KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 14 (1,022KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 13 (893KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 11 (878KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 10 (794KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 9 (426KB)
- Year 6 Half Term Message (113KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 7 (985KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 6 (220KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 5 (518KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 4 (574KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks 2 (598KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Tasks (418KB)
Design Technology hat project
In March 2020, the Year 6 children held a fashion show to model the hats that they have spent the last half term researching, designing and making.
Big Me Week
In March 2020, the whole school took part in Big Me Week and raised money for Action Aid. The Year 6 children were lucky enough to have a talk from David Callaghan, the Chair of Governors about his careers as a Chartered electrical engineer and Sabera Alloo who talking the the children about being an Optometrist.
Visit to Stanmore Mosque
In March 2020, Year 6 visited the Mosque and listened to a talk about Islam. They had the chance to look around the Mosque.
Anne Frank Exhibition
In February 2020, Year 6 attended an exhibition held at St Alban’s Cathedral.
Maths and Science Master Classes
In the Autumn term 2019 and Spring term 2020, Year 6 students carried out work for the maths master class and the science master class both of which are run in conjunction with Herts University. They looked at the maths behind Flags, and experimented with magnets and magnetic force.
In October 2019, Year 6 visited Bletchley Park – the wartime home of the code breakers. They learnt about different codes and how important the team at Bletchley Park were during the war. They got to see how an enigma machine worked and learnt about the invention of Bombe machine.
St Michael’s Sport’s Tournament
In October 2018, the Year 6 children took part in a deanery schools football and netball tournament. We won the football tournament and did well in our netball matches.
Study in Movement
In September 2020, the Year 6 children studied how artists show movement in their drawings and paintings.
Holy Rood Leadership Retreat Day
In September 2019, the Year 6 children spent the day at Holy Rood Church. They looked at the leadership qualities of Mary, Joseph and each other.
In June 2019, the Year 5 and 6 children competed in the annual inter-house competition. All 4 house colours competed in football and netball matches.
Residential Trip to the Isle of Wight
In June 2019, Year 6 visited the Isle of Wight for their residential trip. They stayed in Shanklin for the week and visited a different historic site or country park each morning and afternoon. They also enjoyed an activity each evening like a visit to the theatre, bowling and games on the beach.
Visit to the Houses of Parliament
In May 2019, Year 6 had the opportunity to visit and tour the Houses of Parliament and were able to meet and talk with then MP Richard Harrington.
Guitar Club Christmas Performance
In December 2018, KS2 guitar club performed ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘Silent Night’ which they had been working on throughout the Autumn term.